Mental Health Campaign
Help Richmond Hospital be a leader in mental health
Mental illness impacts us all, and 1 in 5 people will experience a mental health issue in Canada. Since 2015, Richmond’s mental health care teams have been recognized as national leaders in the field of Person and Family Centred Care, giving families a greater role in care-related decisions.
In the past, care focused solely on the individual. Most recently, donors have helped to fund a new model in Richmond that showed improved results when family members are included, as it’s often family members who provide important information and communication that’s necessary for an individual to fully recover.
Person and Family Centred Care has been a huge success, fostering greater dignity, respect, and privacy for better healing. It has also resulted in major improvements in communication, morale, better patient experiences, higher satisfaction and overall better health results.
Today, we need help from donors to help us finish the job and fully implement Person and Family Centred Care in the in-patient acute mental health unit at Richmond Hospital.
Your donation will help fund important and urgent renovations to transform the physical environment for spaces that fully support Person and Family Centred Care. Your donation will:
- Allow for dignity, privacy and respect
- Create a welcoming, more home-like feel
- Reduce the stigma associated with mental illness
- Allow patients and their families to feel more at ease
- Create spaces that provide recreation and leisure for patient stays that last 30 days on average
- Create spaces that allow respite, reflection, private conversations and quiet times with visiting family members
The funding required for these important renovations is $1.3 million.
Please contact Richmond Hospital Foundation and help create spaces that enable Person and Family Centred Care at Richmond Hospital. Help us be the leaders we are for the best care possible in mental heath for patients and their families.
“Our facilities can help make a positive impact on our care for patients. Having an environment that’s private, respectful, uplifting and welcoming helps to foster trust and strengthen the care that we are able to provide. We know our patients will have much better outcomes and leave much more satisfied with the care they have received when we offer care in spaces that are comfortable and home-like.”
Dr. Michael Shabbits
Psychiatrist, In-patient Acute Care Unit, Richmond Hospital
- Campaign Goal 50% 50%
- Bodhi Meditation / Grandmaster JinBodhi
- The Cowell Foundation
$10,000 to $99,999
- G & F Financial Group
- Onni Property Management Services Ltd.
- Peter & Kate Procter
- Paramjit & Gurdip Sandhu | Ampri Group
- TD Bank
- Villa Developments Ltd.
$1,000 to $9,999
- Bald Eagle Golf Club白头鹰高尔夫俱乐部
- Frank Chou
- Sean Lawson | RE/MAX Westcoast Steveston Real Estate
- Hong Li
- Michael Gao Inc. 嘉岳会计师事务所
- Patti Martin Real Estate Group
- Ronald J. Schuss | Dorset Realty Group Canada Ltd.
- Vancouver Chinatown Lions Club
- Jimmy Wang
- Shang Jun Wang