Community Fundraiser Application
Richmond Hospital Foundation’s Community Fundraiser Policy
Community Fundraisers are an important component to help create awareness, support, and raise funds for Richmond Hospital Foundation.
To ensure that a positive impact is being made on the Richmond Hospital Foundation’s public image, we require organizers to follow our policy as outlined below.
1) The Richmond Hospital Foundation logo is a registered trademark; unauthorized use is prohibited. Please forward all event material featuring our name and/or logo to your Foundation representative prior to publication and distribution.
2) Richmond Hospital Foundation follows rules and regulations as outlined by Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Tax receipts will be issued in accordance with the CRA Guidelines and at the discretion of Richmond Hospital Foundation. For full details, please visit: Canada Revenue Agency
3) Event expenses may not be extracted from tax-receiptable donations. All donations requiring a tax receipt must be received in full by Richmond Hospital Foundation along with donor details.
4) Whenever possible, Richmond Hospital Foundation would appreciate any event publications, media releases, or event photographs which may be included in the Foundation’s publications.
5) Richmond Hospital Foundation does not approve, participate or support the following types of fundraising:
a. Events or activities involving telemarketing
b. Events or activities that involves raising funds on a commission, bonus, or percentage basis
c. Events or activities involving the promotion of a political party, candidate, or appearing to endorse a political activity
d. Events which promote the use of tobacco or cannabis
e. Events or activities that involves door-to-door solicitation
6) Insurance Policy: Third party organizers are required to arrange for appropriate insurance coverage for the event. By accepting the terms and conditions set forth in this application, the event organizer(s) clearly understand that they are accepting responsibility for claims that may arise as a result of this event. The Foundation will not assume any legal or financial liability and is not responsible for any damage, accidents to persons or property leading up to, during, or post event.
Richmond Hospital Foundation’s Community Fundraiser Terms & Conditions
Richmond Hospital Foundation reserves the right to withdraw from Community Fundraisers at any time and will not assume any costs that may be involved in doing so. The Foundation will not assume any legal or financial liability and is not responsible for any damage, accidents to persons or property leading up to, during, or post event.
Consistent with Richmond Hospital Foundation’s Fiscal Responsibility Policy effective July 1, 2012, a 5% contribution from all designated donations will support the “Gift of Health Fund” and the work of Richmond Hospital Foundation to provide local medical teams with essential services, research and advanced technology to care for local patients.
Tax receipts are eligible for charitable gifts valued at $25 or more. Donations that are not eligible for tax receipts include raffle tickets, gaming tickets, auction items, purchased goods or services, donated services, donated items for advertising purposes, and corporate sponsorships. For the most current tax receipting information, please refer to https://www.canada.ca/en/services/taxes/charities.html.
The Event Organizer agrees to:
1) Only use the authorized name and/or logo of Richmond Hospital Foundation for promotion and the duration of the event.
2) Send all promotional materials to Theresa Blackwell, Senior Manager, Partnerships & Sponsorship, firstname.lastname@example.org with a minimum of 3-business days for review and approval prior production.
3) Cover all costs in association with the event or fundraising activity. No costs in association with the event or fundraising activity shall be incurred by Richmond Hospital Foundation.
4) Organize the event to its entirety; including but not limited to, production, marketing, ticketing, staffing, and/or volunteers for the event.
5) Obtain all necessary permits, licenses or insurance. No liability in association with the event or fundraising activity shall be incurred by Richmond Hospital Foundation.
6) Handle any monetary transactions and to present the donations and donor details to Richmond Hospital Foundation within 30 days following the event.
7) Follow all the receipting policies of Richmond Hospital Foundation outlined by the Canada Revenue Agency (https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency.html).
8) Contact Richmond Hospital Foundation at least 2 weeks prior to the event, if the event is cancelled.
Richmond Hospital Foundation (RHF) agrees to:
1) Provide support and guidance to event organizers where required
2) Have a representative available for a cheque presentation at a mutually agreed upon time and location
3) Provide event recognition commensurate to standards of benefits offered by RHF
4) Provide a charitable receipt for monetary donations received by the Foundation in accordance with the Canada Revenue Agency guidelines
Richmond Hospital Foundation (RHF), however, cannot:
5) Fund, reimburse or issue tax receipts on event expenses
6) Sell tickets, solicit auction items or sponsors on behalf of organizer
7) Provide mail/email lists such as sponsor or donor lists and hospital staff lists
8) Apply for gaming or liquor licenses on behalf of organizer
9) Accept funds that contradict the Foundation’s core policies and values
In case of any discrepancy between the English version and the Chinese translation, the English version shall prevail.
Explore all the Ways to Give
Joyful Giving. Joyful Living.