At Richmond Hospital Foundation, we hold ourselves to the highest standards of accountability to all of our stakeholders. We believe in transparency and integrity in all that we do as our key responsibility to you.
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. We protect your information and adhere to all the guidelines set out by the government of BC in the Personal Information Protection Act. Any information that you provide will only be used to process your donation, maintain required records and update you periodically on the work of Richmond Hospital Foundation and the impact of your gifts. We will not trade or sell your information at any time. To be removed from any forms of contact by the Foundation, please contact us at email@example.com or call 604 244 5252.
Privacy concerns can be addressed to:
Donor’s Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the non-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
*Developed by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
Richmond Hospital Foundation is committed to providing excellence in the service of our donors and our mission. If you have a concern regarding the service, actions or lack of action by the Foundation or one of our employees or volunteers acting on our behalf, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 244 5252.
All concerns will be handled promptly, in a fair and consistent manner. The President and CEO reports material and substantive complaints to the Board of Directors annually.
Should your concern be directly related to Richmond Hospital, it will be re-directed through the appropriate channels to Vancouver Coastal Health.
The Foundation’s board of directors and dedicated staff members are committed to fiscally sound practices. We are transparent in our reporting to you and with careful decision-making, ensure your donations are maximized in their contribution to the Richmond Community of Care.